Friends By Ioyan Mani
About the artist:
Maxine was born in Manitoba of Santee Oglala Sioux parents. She spent her early childhood on her mother’s reserve but at the age of six she left to attend an Indian residential school. Maxine’s early career as a legal secretary was soon overshadowed by her preoccupation with painting and drawing. She took a course in advanced design where a teacher noticed Maxine’s tendency toward linear expression and encouraged her in the use of shape and line to suggest movement. She learned those lessons well, as evidenced by much of her work today. Since those early days Maxine has mastered the skills of painting and drawing plus the processes of serigraphy, etching and stone lithography. Recently she has turned her talents to the creation of editions in cast paper and limited edition bronze castings.
Maxine has received excellent response to her work and is now able to devote herself full-time to the creation of art.
Maxine Noel signs her artwork with her Sioux name IOYAN MANI, which translates as “Walk Beyond”.
- Printed on 310gsm fine art paper. Printed with UV resistant inks.
- The artist or copyright holder has been paid a royalty for the sale of this product.
- Printed & made in Canada.
- Matted Print format: Ready to frame and Artist bio included.
- Framed format: Wooden frame and Artist bio included.
- Size image: 16.5 x 13
- Finished size: 20 x 16
- Certificat of authenticity